Friday, June 17, 2011

Where to rent..

I live on Cape Cod..i'm sure you all know where that is.  Last night I wanted to rent a movie and it occured to me that there is no where in my area to rent movies.  Both the local Blockbuster and Hollywood video went out of business.  I'm a college student working at a restaurant so clearly I can't afford a monthly subscription to NetFlix which doesn't even have new releases anyways.  I then remembered the "RedBox" machine at Stop & Shop.  I go there and for a dollar I can get a movie so i'm thinking "this is great all of my problems are solved, how convenient." None of the movies I want are available, why would they be, it's the only place to get movies on the lower cape and it's the size of a soda machine.  This is so irritating to me.  I don't have the money or the time to go to the movie theater when the movie is out for a week, literally. The other night we had the night off so I figured we would go to a movie for the first time in forever.  I wanted to see Soul Surfer, looked up the times, come to find out the movie is already gone and practically coming out on DVD in the near future. Typical luck. Why is the movie theater so expensive? I always bring my own soda and candy because i'm not spending twenty dollars on 2 movie tickets and twenty dollars on soda and pop corn.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! I refuse to get netflix just because I can't afford it! if an urge strikes me, it still bothers me i cant go down to the local blockbuster and rent a film right then and there to watch that night. my mother feels the same way. i just can't imagine why netflix has become so much more convenient that local movie rental places have died.

    ReplyDelete